Monday, September 26, 2011

Life and death... well mostly death.

I drift into a room full of people.
Sad looking people.
I am wondering why they look so bleary eyed and quite frankly pitiful.  I spot one of my close friends in the crowd, I walk over to her and tap her on the shoulder, she jumps but continues her conversation with a man i have never seen before.  I say her name and she looks around like she was listening to wind.  I get frustrated and YELL her name, she promptly excuses herself and runs to the bathroom to dab at her mascara teared cheeks.
I stay and take in my surroundings, I am in a church...
I see my family all in a line talking to people i know and people i may have seen once or twice in my life but who cares...   I follow the line of my family, and see a wooden box.... I freeze.
Click
        Click......Click.   Everything snaps into place.
I run over to the casket,  Not believing who lies there... Its me.  Im not breathing,  Why am I not breathing!!!
I try to get my brothers attention but he looks forlorn and confused.  This cannot be happening i think.  Then Click, i remember now, the bright lights the beeping machines, the muffled voices.
Then the long everlasting beeeeeeep.
The realization hits me lick a stone wall......  

 I'M DEAD.

I pay attention in earnest now,  I look to see who actually came to my funeral.  wonder if i can comfort my family, think of things i never got to do because of my untimely death, but i don't have much time before the light that has been following me around completely envelopes me....
I will be fine.  No one makes it out alive anyways.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I seriously got chills. That is amazing. I could see everything you described. AMAZING JOB. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. No one makes it out alive. I love that line.

    This is cool. I think most people have wondered what it will be like when they die. Will they go to their own funeral (maybe you and I are the only morbid ones). Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woww!! ha this was cool! I loved the emotion, so great! It made me sad and now makes me want to go out and do something with my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is amazing, it flows and even though I know what will happen, I don't want to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good writing. you had me interested the whole time. I like how you put it in a story format. and at first i thought you were in hell not at your own funeral.

    ReplyDelete