Sunday, October 16, 2011

thoughts of a sparrow

I thought I knew why...
I thought I knew why the trees change colors in the fall
I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my time

I thought I knew how much time I had
I thought I knew who was on my side
I thought I knew why it rained

I thought I knew what color the stars are
I thought I knew how many light-years away and how impossible to reach they are

I thought I knew if you play with fire you will get burned
I thought I knew that when I turned out the lights the monsters lurking wouldn't be real
I thought I knew my own opinion

I thought I knew who I could trust
I thought I knew that the world would keep turning and everything would keep working, just like clockwork...

But it turns out, everything is a bit more complicated then that.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post a lot. I really like the ending especially. The way it is phrased, I guess, and the way it follows after the whole pattern of "I thought I knew." Good job!

    ReplyDelete